Potato i Jedinstvo

Friday, August 18, 2006

Seattle sevdahlinke

Mostar Sevdah Reunion are touring the United States for the first time.

They play in Seattle at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, September 8th at MOHAI (Museum of History & Industry), 2700 24th Ave. E. Tickets are $25.

(Here are also links to Seattle performers Balkan Cabaret and Mary Sherhart)

Update: the concert is cancelled, as "the group was not able to obtain the required visas to perform in the United States." It is disappointing. A kindly ZeKa from the Yakima Gulag gave me the news.
Comments:
I HAVE to go!!!
 
I'd like to go too but it would be far cheaper if they played in Serbia - it may happen!

Good blog - maybe a profile on Wierd Al's neice Jelena Jankovic if she wins the US open?

(Just joking about them being related btw)
 
Katja of Yakima Gulag Literary Gazett

I think it's sad these guys couldn't make it to Seattle, I wish they knew me so they could have called me, I know a few lawyers among them a good immigration lawyer.
I haven't commented here for a bit because I could not get in, the new Blogger Beta has a few bugs, one of them is I can only comment 'annonymously' on non Blogger Beta blogs for the time being, until such time as they fix the bug!
Far as Wierd Al goes, he has a lot of fans in the Gulag and even friends, he appeared at the County Fair last year, and performed marvelously. He ever comes again, I'm springing for a seat up front ASAP, he does fun things in the front row! scarves, splashes of water, kisses,
 
Well it looks like it worked anyway! YEAH!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page